Sunday, September 30, 2012

Photo Phriday - Four More Years!

Yes.  I am rearranging the days of the week this week.  It's for a good reason, though.  Today is our fourth wedding anniversary, and I thought that momentous occasion warranted the displacement of a Phriday.  I mean, I'm already bending Friday to my will by renaming it "Phriday", so what's another infringement?

Greg and I were married on September 30, 2008 at Walt Disney World with about 30 friends and family members on hand to help us celebrate.  It was a perfect day.
You can watch a highlights video at Cinema Chic's Vimeo account here.

If you're in Florida and want an amazing videographer, I highly recommend Kat at Cinema Chic.
And if you want a wonderful photographer, I was very happy with Randy Chapman.

The Wilderness Lodge was a perfect setting for our pre-ceremony photos.
It's my favourite resort, and our Disney Vacation Club home resort.
What can I say?  I love nature.
(Photo: Chapman Photography)

As much as I love nature, who doesn't love a ride in a vintage Rolls Royce?
(Photo: Chapman Photography)
The bakery staff at the Grand Floridian, where we had our reception, custom created this cake for us based on our invitations and an inverted photo of an art deco light fixture that I sent them.
They are geniuses.
(Photo: Chapman Photography)
I dream about these strawberries to this day.
Delicious and adorable.
(Photo: Chapman Photography)
We had a vintage/Art Deco vibe going on, which meant lots of fun with feathers!
(Photo: Chapman Photography)
Yup.  We are mature.
(Photo: Chapman Photography)

We had a break between lunch and our evening party, so we took a monorail to the Magic Kingdom to snap a photo outside the gates and catch a boat back to our resort.

Boating back to the Wilderness Lodge, champagne-faced.


We enjoyed the Illuminations: Reflections of Earth fireworks display at EPCOT with our guests.
Lots of snack-treats to enjoy, but the hit of the evening were the chocolate shots - especially when someone had the bright idea of adding vodka.
(Photo: Chapman Photography)

The day after our wedding, I tried golf for the first time at Disney's Oak Trail course.
We got about 3 holes in before it started to pour.  I didn't golf again for 3 years.

I have now been golfing semi-regularly for about 6 months.
Here I am today, during our Anniversary Golf game lamenting the 2 inches which cost me my very first hole in one.

We had a wonderful anniversary.  Greg made us pancakes for breakfast (his first time!), we played golf, and then we came home and cooked chicken and dumplings for dinner.  It may not sound too exciting, but for us it was perfection.  When you're away from home as much as we are, sometimes a home-cooked meal, your couch and your dog curled up beside you are the most blissful things you can think of.

What unique thing makes your anniversary perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment