Sunday, March 10, 2013

Love/Hate

This week has been a lesson in the delicate balance that is the love/hate relationship.

I love working on ships, I hate that I tend to get a case of "ship lung" almost immediately, lately.

I had hoped to begin running again this week, but I was still coughing up a lot of grossness, so I took one more week off. Frustrating, but in the end, with a good round of Mucinex I am now breathing clearly again.

I hate taking a lot of pills and eating a butt-load of salad, but I love the results our Trader Joe's Complete Body Cleanse and the healthy eating that goes along with it. Between that and the workouts we're doing, I've dropped 10 pounds in 2 weeks.

And of course the love/hate extends to dear old Tony Horton and his band of fitness freaks (dammit, Drea - why do you have to be such a kiss-ass?) in the P90X videos. What a terrible/wonderful work-out program. I'm burning 800 - 1000 calories a day doing these stupid, jerk-face work-outs. Which is amazing.

And there's lots of love for the myFitnessPal app, which has an amazing database of foods, even when we're at sea and I'm not able to utilize the full online version on my iPhone.

Mostly, I LOVE the results I'm getting...

This week. Running again. For realzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment